Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Milo Nestum Muffins



This is one of the very long overdue posts as I was caught up with work, events, children and myself getting sick, etc. Finally able to sit down in front of my computer to properly type out this recipe. I apologised for the delay.

Came up with this recipe as I wanted to make some muffins for the children's breakfast on the morning of my sister's wedding day. Elder son requested for something with Milo since it was ages I made Milo-flavored food. I wanted something easy to eat and to bring around as the day will be a very busy one. So this was it!

This time I used condensed milk to replace sugar as I wanted to replicate the taste of the usual Milo that we drink in the coffeeshops. The response from my children was a big thumbs up!

The only negative comments was that I was too stingy on the almond bits! Hmph!

Here's the recipe...


Milo Nestum Muffins (Makes 8 - 9 muffins)

150g self-raising flour
35g nestum cereals
60g cooking oil
100ml milk (I used full cream UHT milk)
4 tbsp milo powder ( I used the big packet type, not the 3-in-1)
4 - 5 tbsp condensed milk (depends on how sweet you want your muffins)
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
Some almond bits (to sprinkle on the top of muffins)


Directions

Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Pre-lined the muffin tray with paper liners or set aside the muffin paper cups if using.

In a large mixing bowl, mix the oil, condensed milk, eggs and milk until well combined.

Sift in the flour and milo. Add in the nestum cereals and mix until just combined. It is usual to have some lumps. Do not overmix.

Pour the mixture into the pre-lined muffin trays or the muffin cups until about 90% full.

Sprinkle the almond bits onto the muffins. Bake the muffins for about 20 mins or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.

When done, set on cooling rack to cool.


This is definitely a recipe that Milo lovers will like. I hope you do too!

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment