Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Soft White Bread Using Bread Machine


I bought a bread machine sometime ago but was so busy to give it a "opening ceremony" until a couple of days ago. I was thinking of what bread to do on my first try as I have gotten a few bread machine recipes. In the end, scardy-cat me decided to try the recipe that comes with the bread machine first. That will be more or less fool-proof! :P

End-results - the bread is soft and has a slight sweet fragrance to it. I left aside a slice of bread to test the softness and the bread started to harden a little by the next evening. So all in all, this is a pretty good recipe to keep.


After I posted the bread pictures, I was pretty surprised that quite a few people asked for the recipe and of course, I am very happy to share it here with everyone. However. due to the different brand of bread machines, do check on your dough after it kneaded for around 20 mins and adjust the amount of flour and water accordingly (1 tablespoon at a time). :)

Here's the recipe...


Soft White Bread Using Bread Machine (Yields 450g loaf using DonLim BM1230 Bread Maker)
Recipe from DonLim Recipe Book

240g bread flour
36g sugar
1/3 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp milk powder
16g butter
1 egg
120g water
5g yeast


Directions

Add the ingredients to the bread machine in the following order:

- water
- egg
- salt (at one corner)
- sugar (at another corner)
- butter

Add the bread flour to the machine, ensuring it covers the whole wet area.

Make a small well in the middle and add the yeast. Ensure the yeast do not touch the salt.

Using Menu 6 (soft bread function), select the colour of the crust and the loaf size. For my case, I chose medium crust and 450g loaf.

When bread is done, take out the bread tin and invert immediately on a cooling rack and leave to cool. Once cool, unmount it from the tin by tapping at all sides of the tin and slide the loaf out.


Loaf is good to leave outside for max. 3 days, that is if it lasted that long. If you want to keep longer, store in zip-lock bag and refrigerate.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment