Pages

Thursday 22 May 2014

Potato Oatmeal Tuna Balls


I think I mentioned this before, I LOVE looking at recipes. However, with so many recipes available, both online and in print, it's hard to try all due to my hectic schedule. So I prioritize which to try first. Most of the time the easier ones, with ingredients readily available.

Saw this recipe in a recipe book at Popular bookstore and immediately decided to try this dish because it is just so easy! I also have some oatmeal cereals at home and it's just the perfect dish to help use up the oatmeal.

Here's the recipe...

Potato Oatmeal Tuna Balls (Makes 20 balls)

300g potatoes
1/2 can tuna chunks (about 92g)
1/4 cup corn
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
Oatmeal (for coating)

For the dipping sauce (Mix well):

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
sugar and salt to taste


Directions

Boil potatoes in boiling water for 20 mins. Coarsely mash potatoes with a fork.


Pre-heat oven to 200 degree Celsius.

Mix remaining ingredients (except the oatmeal for coating) with the mashed potato and shape mixture into balls.

Coat the balls evenly with oatmeal.


Bake the potato balls for 15 mins or until golden brown.

Serve with dipping sauce.


Note: I did not credit the author of the recipe because I did not purchase the book but did the dish based on my memory of the recipe. I shall re-visit the bookshop soon and shall note down the author's name and book title for credits. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment